Title VI Notice to the Public
The Votran Title VI program is posted on the Votran web site. To view and download a copy please click on Votran Title VI. Votran encourages feedback, complaints, comments and inquiries. Contact information is available on the interior of the buses, at our service plazas, on our maps and schedules, on the Votran bus stop signs, and through our web site at votran.org. The following notice is a permanent sign on the interior of all Votran buses.
ADA and Title VI Complaint Procedure
1. Any person who believes that he or she, or any specific class of persons, has been subjected to discrimination or retaliation prohibited by the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and related statutes, may file a written complaint. All written complaints submitted to Votran’s Customer Service Department shall be referred immediately by the Assistant General Manager (AGM) of Customer Service to the Florida Department of Transportation’s (FDOT) District Five Title VI Coordinator for processing in accordance with approved State procedures.
2. Verbal and non-written complaints received by Votran‘s Customer Service Department shall be resolved informally by the AGM of Customer Services. If the issue has not been satisfactorily resolved through informal means, or if at any time the person(s) request(s) to file a formal written complaint, the AGM of Customer Service shall refer the complaint to the FDOT’s District Five Title VI Coordinator for processing in accordance with approved State procedures
3. The AGM of Customer Service will advise the FDOT’s District Five Title VI Coordinator within five (5) calendar days of receipt of the allegations. The following information will be included in every notification to the FDOT’s District Five Title VI Coordinator:
- Name, address, and phone number of complaint.
- Name(s) and address(es) of Respondent.
- Basis of complaint (i.e., race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, familial status or retaliation.)
- Date of alleged discriminatory act(s).
- Date of complaint received by Votran
- A statement of the complaint.
- Other agencies (state, local, or federal) where the complaint has been filed.
- An explanation of the actions that Votran has taken or proposed to resolve the allegation(s) raise in the complaint.
4. Within ten (10) calendar days, the AGM of Customer Service will acknowledge receipt of the allegation(s), inform the Complainant of action taken or proposed action to process the allegation(s), and advise the complainant of other avenues of redress available, such as the FDOT’s Equal Opportunity Office (EOO).
5. Within sixty (60) calendar days, the AGM of Customer Service will conduct and complete a review of the verbal or non-written allegation(s) and based on the information obtained, will render a recommendation for action in a report of findings to the General Manager of Votran.
6. Within ninety (90) calendar days of the verbal or non-written allegation(s) receipt, the AGM of Customer Service will notify the Complainant in writing of the final decision reached, including the proposed disposition of the matter. The notification will advise the Complainant of his/her right to file a formal complaint with the FDOT’s EOO, if they are dissatisfied with the final decision rendered by Votran. The AGM of Customer Votran Service will also provide the FDOT’s District Five Title VI Coordinator with a copy of this decision and summary of findings.
7. The AGM of Customer Service will maintain a log of all verbal and non-written complaints received by Votran. The log will include the following information:
- Name of Complainant.
- Name of Respondent.
- Basis of Complaint (i.e., race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, familial stats or retaliation).
- Date verbal or non-written complaint was received by Votran.
- Date Votran notified the FDOT’s District Five Title VI Coordinator of the verbal or non-written complaint.
- Explanation of the actions Votran has taken or proposed to resolve the issue raised in the complaint.
To download an ADA and Title VI complaint form, CLICK HERE.
Point of Contact:
Assistant General Manager of Customer Service – Heather Blanck
950 Big Tree Road
South Daytona, FL 32119
Phone: 386-756-7496 ext. 4112
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
As a recipient of USDOT funding from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Votran administers a DBE Program, in accordance with 49 CFR Part 26, to ensure nondiscrimination in the award of USDOT-assisted contracts and create a level playing field on which certified DBEs can compete for those contracts. While the DBE program includes fostering small business participation, only DBEs certified by the Florida Unified Certification Program are eligible to participate as DBEs. Votran is a local agency that certifies DBEs. Doing Business with Votran
Equal Employment Opportunity
Votran is a drug free/tobacco/nicotine workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans' preference is provided to qualified applicants pursuant to State law.
Votran participates in E-Verify, an Internet-based system of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration that allows us to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the United States. Votran Careers