Votran schedule changes for Memorial Day weekend
Memorial Day weekend brings heavy traffic to International Speedway Boulevard, and Votran riders should expect some delays, interruptions and possible route deviations. This year the Country 500 festival at the Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for May 27 to 29. Riders may expect delays to start by noon Friday, May 27.
Votran will operate on a limited service schedule Monday, May 30. Riders are encouraged to plan their travel in advance to avoid possible travel conflicts.
- West Volusia routes 22, 24 and 60 will not operate. Connecting SunRail Routes 31, 32 and 33 will not operate as there will be no SunRail service.
- Route 20 will operate every two hours. The bus leaves from Wal-Mart on the odd hour between 7:26 a.m. and 5:26 p.m. Northbound trips leave the Orange City Marketplace on the even hour between 8:32 a.m. and 4:32 p.m. Routes 21 and 23 will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- Route 21 will operate every two hours. Westbound trips leave Wal-Mart in Osteen on the odd hours between 7:26 a.m. and 5:26 p.m. Eastbound trips leave the Orange City Market Place on the even hour between 8:32 a.m. and 6:32 p.m.
- Eastside routes 1, 3, 4, 10, 15 and 17 will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Buses will operate out of the Intermodal Transit Facility at the Ocean Center.
- Routes 40 and 41 will operate every two hours. The first Route 40 southbound trip will depart from Dunlawton Avenue and U.S. 1 at 6:42 a.m. Northbound trips will depart from Canal Street and U.S. 1 on the odd hour from 7:44 a.m. through 5:44 p.m. Votran will not serve Swallowtail, so the bus will depart Nova/Dunlawton at eight minutes past the even hour between 8:08 a.m. and 4:08 p.m. The bus will transfer passengers to Route 4 and 17 on Orange Avenue at Dunlawton. Route 4 and 17 passengers should get off at U.S. 1 and Dunlawton Avenue to wait for Route 40. The first southbound trip on Route 41 departs Canal Street and U.S. 1 at 6:47 a.m. Regular trips will depart there on the even hour between 8:47 a.m. and 4:47 p.m. Oak Hill will be served only with the 2:47 p.m. trip.
- All other routes and New Smyrna Beach Flex Service will not operate.
- For Votran Gold service changes, contact a reservationist or Votran customer service.
Votran riders are encouraged to visit www.votran.org and click the “join” button at the bottom of the homepage to receive timely notices about bus service changes. The website also provides up-to-date alerts and real-time bus information.