Bike Week service interruptions announced
Posted On: March 6th
Bike Week brings heavy traffic and Votran riders should expect some delays, interruptions and possible route deviations. Schedule delays will begin Thursday, March 13, and will continue to occur through Sunday, March 16.
“Votran will make every effort to notify customers as soon as the detours and route deviations are expected,” said Steve Sherrer, Votran general manager. “Buses will be rerouted to secondary roads when traffic becomes congested.”
The latter part of Bike Week tends to affect Votran routes and schedules more than the earlier days, added Sherrer. Detours are subject to change without notice.
Bike Week Votran route deviations include the following:
• Votran vehicles will not use the Intermodal Transit Facility beginning Thursday, March 13 through Sunday, March 16. Routes 1, 18, and 19 will make service stops on S.R. A1A and Route 8 will make service stops on Halifax Avenue.
• Route 10 will detour U.S. Hwy. 1 to left on Fairview Avenue.
• Route 11 will detour U.S. Hwy. 1 to right on Fairview Avenue, left on Beach Street. There will be service interruptions on International Speedway Boulevard and no service to the Daytona Beach Flea Market.
• Route 17 A/B will be unable to use Main Street beginning Friday, March 7. It will use the International Speedway Boulevard bridge in both directions. If traffic becomes too congested, Route 17A/B will detour to the Orange Avenue bridge.
• Route 18 will detour from North Atlantic Avenue at University Boulevard to Halifax Avenue and use Seabreeze Boulevard to Mason Avenue and U.S. Hwy. 1 to travel to the Transfer Plaza.
NIGHT AND SUNDAY SERVICE
• Night Service and Sunday Service will operate out of the Transfer Plaza beginning Thursday, March 13 through Sunday, March 16.
• Route 1 will use International Speedway Boulevard to S.R. A1A and will end at Vining Court and Granada Boulevard and will not be able to cross the Granada Bridge
• Route 3, 4 and 10 will use Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard, Beach Street and Michigan Street to Fairview Avenue outbound and inbound.
• Route 15 will use Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard to Beach Street.
• Route 17 will use International Speedway Boulevard to S.R. A1A. It will turn around at Raymond Avenue and South Atlantic and will not serve on the Dunlawton Bridge
Additional time for trips may be needed due to route detours. Votran riders are encouraged to call for up-to-date route detours: 386-761-7700 in Daytona Beach, 386-424-6800 in New Smyrna Beach or 386-943-7033 in West Volusia.
Visit www.votran.org to plan your trip, track the bus in real time, buy passes online or get general information about how to ride Votran buses and other Votran services. Also, you can sign up for service alerts and create an account with your personal settings.