COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update. Stay informed with the latest information.
Votran schedule changes for Biketoberfest
October 13, 2017
In response to anticipated traffic congestion during Biketoberfest, some Votran routes have been changed. Schedule delays will occur from Thursday, Oct. 19, through Sunday, Oct. 22.
“Heavy event traffic is anticipated, and Votran riders should expect some delays, interruptions and possible route deviations,” said Steve Sherrer, Votran’s general manager. “Detours will be activated as dictated by traffic conditions, and we estimate that will begin around 11:30 a.m. each day. We regret the inconvenience these changes may cause to our passengers.”
The following route changes will be in effect:
- Buses will be unable to use the Intermodal Transit Facility. Passengers must use stops on State Road A1A. Passengers must wait for routes 1, 18 and 19 at the bus stops on A1A. Route 8 passengers will be boarded on Halifax Avenue.
- Routes 1, 8, 17A/B and 19 outbound will use Palmetto Avenue to International Speedway Boulevard. If traffic becomes too congested, Route 17A/B will use Peninsula Drive and Silver Beach Avenue to State Road A1A. The reverse route will be used for inbound trips.
- Route 11 will use U.S. 1 to Fairview Avenue, left on Beach Street. The route will not serve Thames Road, Fentress Boulevard or the Daytona Flea Market. Route 11 will turn right on Williamson Boulevard from International Speedway Boulevard.
- Routes 18 and 19 will not serve Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Richard Petty Boulevard and the Daytona International Airport.
- Route 18 outbound will stay on International Speedway Boulevard to the Volusia Mall.
- Route 18 inbound: From A1A, right on University Boulevard, left on Halifax Drive, right on Seabreeze Boulevard to Mason Avenue, left on U.S. 1, left on Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard.
- Route 19 inbound will turn left on International Speedway Boulevard from Midway Avenue, exiting Volusia Mall. If traffic becomes too congested, Route 19 inbound will detour from International Speedway Boulevard to Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard.
Night service will start and end at the Transfer Plaza
- Buses will be unable to use the Intermodal Transit Facility (ITF). Passengers must use stops on State Road A1A.
- Route 1 northbound: Right on Palmetto Avenue, left on International Speedway Boulevard, left on State Road A1A. The route will not serve the ITF. It will turn around at Vining Court and Granada Avenue. There will be no service on the Granada Bridge.
- Route 1 southbound: From State Road A1A, right on International Speedway Boulevard, right on Palmetto Avenue to the Transfer Plaza.
- Routes 3, 4 and 10 will use Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard and Beach Street to Fairview Avenue.
- Route 15 will use Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard to Beach Street.
- Route 17 southbound: Right on Palmetto Avenue, left on International Speedway Boulevard, right on State Road A1A. It will end at Raymond Avenue and South Atlantic Avenue. There will be no service on the Dunlawton Bridge. If traffic becomes too congested, Route 17 will use Peninsula Drive and Silver Beach Avenue to State Road A1A. The reverse route will be used on inbound trips.
- Route 17 northbound: From State Road A1A, left on International Speedway Boulevard, right on Palmetto Avenue, left on Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard to the Transfer Plaza.
There may be service interruptions on Sunday, Oct. 22. Service will operate from the Intermodal Transfer Facility, but some routes may have to detour. Route 10 will stay on International Speedway Boulevard and will not serve the Daytona Beach Flea Market.
Votran riders are encouraged to plan weekend trips in advance. Learn more at www.votran.org. The website also provides up-to-date alerts, real-time bus tracking and download information for the myStop mobile app for real-time bus information anywhere.